Essex County Fire and Rescue Service has issued a safety warning after a number of tumble dryer brands are reviewing the safety of their products.
The Service has warned residents not to leave appliances unattended following the recent safety checks on Hotpoint, Indesit and Creda tumble dryers.
The review found that excess fluff was coming into contact with the heating element and creating a fire risk.
ECFRS has issued the following tumble dryer safety advice:
- Always follow the manufacturer s instructions
- Don t use tumble dryers at night or while unattended
- Clean the filters regularly to ensure they do not become blocked with fluff
- Items should be removed from the dryer immediately after the cycle and shaken loose to assist cooling
- Not to overload plug sockets. Ensure that no more than 13 amps are in any one plug socket.
For more information about which appliances are affected click HERE