First dates can always be a little tricky. You’re nervous, stumbling over every other word, politely declining dessert even though you just KNOW you could massacre that cheese cake, and although you’re still starving after you get home, you cant help but wonder what if…?
Us girls, we’re like a book, it’s pretty easy to tell if we like you or not, but men? Men are like a cryptic code. They seem pretty hard to read and then you’re left watching your phone for the next fortnight waiting for his name to pop up. There has to be an easier way…
1. The phone stays away. If you’re on a date with a guy and their phone stays firmly in their pocket, you know he’s at least slightly into you already. He’s giving you his undivided attention, and that’s a big deal! Especially if his team’s playing and his phone is buzzing away and yet, he’s solely fixed on you.
2. There’s a little bit of PDA. Nothing gives you that warm fuzzing feeling inside like him reaching for your hand for the first time.
3. There’s a flirty touch. Don’t be taken aback if he casually runs his fingers up and down your arm or reaches for your hand over the table, it’s actually pretty cute when you think about it. Plus how great does it make you feel having that little bit of attention?
4. He actually wants to get to know you. Between the star-crossed lovers gaze and flirtatious giggling, you might have to actually talk during this date. Perfect way to get to know each other and all that jazz. If he’s more into asking about your life than bigging up his own, it’s always a good sign.
5. Wine, wine and more wine. You’re a little nervous on the first date so maybe a little bit of wine or whatever your tipple of choice will help you in the long run. Plus, being able to see someone through beer goggles can sometimes help. Sometimes. If he feels more relaxed with you, you can keep the evening going without any awkward silences.
6. He offers to pay! The way to a girls heart is free food and booze!
7. He offers to take you home. Aww, he wants to spend more time with you, how cute. I mean, it’s cute if hes normal but if hes a little bit stalker-ish, maybe it’s best just to run home alone.
8. A cheeky smooch. It’s just like TV! Walks you home to the front door, thanks you for a wonderful evening then maybe a cheeky little kiss on the door step. CUTE! You’ll be having butterflies all night as you ring your best friend and obviously tell them EVERYTHING.
9. He sends a ‘Good Morning’ text. Waking up after the night before and seeing a ‘Good Morning’ text just sets your day out to be a good one. You are literally the first thing he thought about the moment he woke up. If that’s not cute, I don’t really know what is to be honest.
10. He keeps in touch. It’s all well and good having a fantastic first date that sends shivers through your spine every time you think of the guy, but if he then totally drops you like a sack of bricks, that sucks. If he makes the effort to chat away every day, then you know he’s got the hots for you as much as you have for him.
11. He actually asks you. When its the prospect of loves young dream hanging in the balance, what’s the point of beating around the bush anymore? I like you, you like me, just man up and ask me out again for God’s sake, man!
Credit: Pretty 52