The roof of a bungalow in Wickford has been destroyed after a fire started in the roof of the property in Harold Gardens.
The occupants were alerted to the fire after their electric tripped out and their smoke alarms activated. The occupants got out of the property and call the fire service. They were no reported injuries.
When crews arrived at the property they reported the roof and loft of the property was completely on fire. The fire was extinguished by 19:19hrs. The fire has been recorded as accidental – caused by electrics.