Campaigners are calling for major investment in train services in West Essex.
The West Anglia Taskforce say travel times between Stansted, Cambridge and London need to get better.
A new timetable by 2020 and building an extra track in both directions are among the list of demands put forward.
The Taskforce’s five point call for action is:
1) Cambridge in 60 minutes and Stansted in 40 minutes – Liverpool Street services.
2) Improving service levels to other communities along the route to support growth.
3) A new timetable by 2020 to take advantage of new, faster and longer trains.
4) Four-tracking the railway in the mid-2020s and mitigation works for level crossing closures as a precursor to Crossrail 2 opening in 2033.
5) Progressing Crossrail 2 ahead of submitting a Hybrid Bill by 2019.