A 93 year old woman`s been rescued from her home in South Ockendon after a fire in her kitchen.
Crews were called to the property on Foyle Drive yesterday.
The pensioner had fallen over while cooking and because she couldn`t get up her food under the grill started to burn.
When firefighters arrived they immediately entered the building wearing breathing apparatus and found the woman on the floor in the kitchen. They brought her outside and left her in the care of the Ambulance Service.
Crews ventilated the property to clear the smoke.
Incidents like these show how important it is to have working smoke alarms in your home. Essex County Fire and Rescue Service wants 100% of homes in Essex to have a working smoke alarm. To get your FREE smoke alarm and home safety visit call us on 0300 303 0088 or visit our website.