Online deserts blog OMG Chocolate Desserts recently uploaded a brand new recipe for Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes and they look amazing. Topped with a Ferrero chocolate, there’s also one on the inside of the cupcake, which is covered it chocolate icing.
According to the team who made the cupcakes for the blog, one of the biggest challenges was not eating all the Ferrero Rocher chocolates before finishing making the cakes.
Here’s the full recipe so you can make them yourself. Just remember where you heard about the cakes, and save us some!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cups vegetable oil
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 Ferrero Rocher (frozen)
For Chocolate Nutella Frosting:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- ⅓ cup Nutella
- 4 oz semisweet baking chocolate
- 2 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ tespoon vanilla
- 12 Ferrero Rocher
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and line standard cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- With electric mixer beat together oil, egg, buttermilk and vanilla extract on medium speed until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Cupcake liners should be about ⅔ full. First add about 1 tablespoon of the batter, then place unwrapped (frozen) Ferrero Rocher in each cup and add remaining batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in cupcake comes out clean (it takes about 16-20 minutes)
- Wait the cupcakes to cool completely before icing
- To make the frosting melt 4 oz chocolate and let it cool to a room temperature.
- Beat the butter and sugar until it’s light and fluffy, then add cream cheese and mix well.
- Add vanilla, salt, Nutella,cocoa and melted chocolate and mix it well to combine evenly.
- Set the frosting in the fridge for 15 minutes to set, then frost the cupcakes and garnish with Ferrero Rocher.
- Store in the fridge until serving.