Unless you’re obsessed, the magic of Christmas seems to disappear the older you get. Now it’s just a nice day where-as when we were younger, Christmas was life…
1. The chocolate. Staring longingly at rectangle boxes of chocolate buttons and variety boxes whenever going shopping with your parents. YUM.
2. Advent. Waking up every morning and rushing down the stairs to open your advent calendar was the first thing you did everyday.
3. Making a Christmas list. Getting out your best note set and scented pens to write down an extensive list full of toys instead of just texting your mum. Sigh.
4. Putting up the tree. Fighting over who gets to put the star on top and dancing around with tinsel… (hands up who still does this *raises hand*)
5. Parties at school. Loads of food, music and more importantly…no work!
6. Putting out mince pies for Santa and carrots for Rudolph. Running to the kitchen to get their before your sibling so you can put them out and looking up the chimney and feeling amazed that santa comes down that.
7. Christmas Eve. Not being able to get to sleep because you’re so excited that Santa is going to come (which he obviously was, duh!)
8. Christmas morning. Running down stairs to see your mountains of presents under the tree and feeling smug and comparing sizes with your sibling.