A young couple have been left homeless after a house fire in north Essex.
The blaze started in the boiler electrics and spread to the airing cupboard.
The property in Copford is badly damaged but the couple – in their 20s – got out unhurt after the smoke alarm sounded.
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service says incidents like this show how important it is to have a working smoke alarm in your home.
They say they want 100% of homes in Essex to have a working smoke alarm.
To get your FREE smoke alarm and home safety visit call 0300 303 0088 or visit www.essex-fire.gov.uk