The first three drivers have been convicted as part of Essex Police`s Christmas anti-drink and drug driving campaign.
The campaign`s running until New Years Day.
70 people have been arrested in the first 17 days.
The people convicted are:
Phouvieng Chanthalangsy, 44, of Daffodil Way, Chelmsford:
– Arrested on the A13 at Pitsea at 1.50am on December 3;
– Disqualified for 26 months, ordered to do 160 hours of unpaid work, and told to pay £135 costs and £85 victim surcharge.
Ishdeep Panesar, 26, of Berkeley Avenue, Ilford:
– Arrested at 5am on December 3 in Arterial Road, North Stifford;
– Disqualified for 36 months and jailed for two weeks for drink driving (to run concurrently;
– Jailed for eight weeks and driving licence endorsed for driving while disqualified;
– Driving licence endorsed for driving without insurance.
Luke Stringer, 24, of Havengore, Basildon:
– Arrested at 10.45am on December 12 in Clayhill Road, Basildon;
– Sentenced to 16 weeks in prison suspended for 12 months, disqualified from driving for 42 months, ordered to undertake a rehabilitation programme, and told to pay £85 costs and £115 victim surcharge for failing to provide a specimen;
– Driving licence endorsed for driving without insurance and driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence.