Councils in South Essex have teamed up to launch a campaign championing better air quality.
Basildon, Essex County and Rochford authorities are calling on residents to make small changes to their lives – as part of National Clean Air Day.
Simple lifestyle changes include:
· Switch off your car when stationary
· Check live traffic updates to avoid queues by visiting www.essex.gov.uk/traffic
· Leave the car at home and switch short journeys for walking, cycling and taking the bus
· Take the train or bus for a day out further afield
· Introduce cycle to work/school schemes
· Check out cycling routes and maps at www.essex.gov.uk/cycling