Residents at a house in Harlow have been left homeless after a fire caused by a tumble drier.
Crews were called to the blaze at a property in Albert Gardens over the weekend.
The fire service recommends the following tumble dryer safety advice:
Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions
Don’t use tumble dryers at night or while unattended
Clean the filters after each use to ensure they do not become blocked with fluff
Items should be removed from the dryer immediately after the cycle and shaken loose to assist cooling
Ensure that the appliance has its own plug socket. Do not overload extension leads. Ensure that no more than 13 amps are in any one plug socket.
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service provide free smoke alarms to anyone living in Essex. To arrange a home safety visit call: 0300 303 0088 or book online: www.essex-fire.gov.uk/book