If you’re entering a Radio Essex competition, and would like more details on how your personal data is used – and how you can opt-out – click here.
THE ONLY WORD IS ESSEX (“TOWIE”) WIN A FIREWORKS PACKAGE – ON AIR COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Details of the Competition
- The competition is running between 06:00a.m. on Monday 8th October 2018 and 10:00a.m. on Friday 26th October 2018
- Callers who make it through to take part in the regular “TOWIE” competition at 07:10 a.m. and 08:10a.m. each weekday morning will also be entered into a prize draw within the above dates
- The two callers from each day Monday to Friday will be entered into a prize draw on the Friday of each week
- One person will be chosen at random in each draw to win the prize
- There are three prizes in total to be won – one for each week of the competition
- Winners will be chosen by 10:00a.m. on Friday 12th, 19th and 26th of October 2018
- The winner will be announced on the “Hit Music Breakfast” show on the above Friday dates
- The winner will then be contacted by a member of the Radio Essex team within seven days of the draw date
- If a winner cannot be contacted within this time, Radio Essex reserves the right to redraw a new winner
- Over 18s only
- Entrants must be permanent residents within the United Kingdom
- Only one competition entry per person – multiple entries are not allowed
- Prize is non-transferable/exchangeable
- Please note competitions are not open to employees or immediate family of Radio Essex staff – or staff of any company within the Stockvale Group, including Adventure Island, SEALife Adventure, Feelgoods, Sands and Clarence Yard
- There are three prizes of a firework package from Firework Crazy to be won – one for each week of the competition
- Each prize package has an RRP of £150
- The winner of the prize will be able to collect it from the Firework Crazy store at 21/22 Eckersley Road, Chelmsford CM1 1SL
- Alternatively, the winner may be able to have the prize delivered – please discuss this when contacted by a Radio Essex representative
- Radio Essex promotes safe and responsible use of fireworks, however we are in no way liable for their usage once passed on to the winner of the competition.
- Each winner will be contacted by a Radio Essex representative within seven days of each draw date
- Radio Essex reserves the right to substitute prize at any time
- Prizes are non-transferable, unless otherwise stated or agreed
- Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash
Consent and Usage
- Competition entrants agree for their details, including photography, to be used in promotion by Radio Essex – including social media, email, web and on air
- Entrants have the right to opt-out of the above – after entering, please contact Radio Essex to specify this. Either by calling 01702 455070 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal data gathered from Radio Essex competitions is deleted from all Radio Essex systems within 30 days of the closing date, unless entrant has opted-in for marketing purposes on the entry form
- Personal data gathered from Radio Essex competitions will only be shared with third-parties if entrants consent to this via the online entry form
General Competition Terms and Conditions
1. Radio Essex’s competitions are intended to be fun and are not intended to create legal relations between the entrant and Radio Essex. Unless otherwise stated, no purchase or payment of any kind is required for entry.
2. All competition entrants agree to abide by these terms and conditions and submission of an entry or participation in a competition shall be deemed to indicate acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. We reserve the right to require proof of age and / or identity of winners. Entries to certain competitions may be subject to age restrictions. Entrants who do not comply with such restrictions will be disqualified. Entrants who enter under a false name or give a false address for their entry will also be disqualified. In some circumstances, winners under 18 years of age must be accompanied on a trip, holiday or to an event by a parent or guardian or other responsible adult. Additional eligibility requirements may apply to a specific competition e.g. a valid passport, visas and/or driver’s licence may be required if the competition prize includes travel outside the United Kingdom and/or car hire. Radio Essex assumes that entrants will be/are able to meet these requirements and that they agree to this upon entering. Failure to meet these requirements may result in disqualification.
4. By entering the competition you agree that all information submitted by you will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. Contestants or callers who are rude, abusive or deemed otherwise unsuitable by the presenter will be excluded. Radio Essex reserves the right to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit or refuse your entry.
5. Entrants of phone competitions must seek the permission of the owner of the phone before use e.g. Parent or Employer. Where participation of the competition involves the use of a premium rate telephone line, either for voice or text messages, we will adhere to the ICSTIS Rules. Calls will normally cost a premium charge plus the standard rate of your mobile network provider. You should check with your network for more details. The cost of calls from different mobile phone service providers may vary.
6. Competition winners agree to keep confidential any knowledge gained about Radio Essex and its business as a result of the competition.
7. Anyone who has won a prize on Radio Essex valued up to or equal to £25 shall not be eligible to enter a competition for a period of 14 days. Anyone who has won a prize on Radio Essex valued up to or equal to £100 shall not be eligible to enter a competition for a period of 60 days. Anyone who has won a prize valued in excess of £100 shall not be eligible to enter a competition for a period of 90 days. These exclusions apply to members of a prize winner’s immediate family or any individuals who reside at the same address. Radio Essex reserves the right to disqualify competition entries and withhold prizes if this condition is breached. Other specific eligibility conditions may apply to single competitions.
8. To enter our competitions, you must be resident in the United Kingdom. Competitions are not open to employees of Radio Essex or members of their immediate families (including, but not limited to, spouses, parents, grandparents, children, brothers, sisters), their agents, participating clients or anyone connected with the promotion of the competition and in the event of any dispute over the eligibility of a participant the decision of Radio Essex shall be final.
9. We reserve the right to limit entries to one entry per person. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be void, at Radio Essex’s discretion.
10. Where the competition has a closing date and/or time, all entries must be received before such date and/or time. Late entries will not be taken into consideration in the selection of a winner. Radio Essex does not accept any responsibility for the non-delivery, delay or loss of any entry. Proof of posting will not be acceptable as proof of delivery.
11. Where the competition may be won by a numbered caller or participant, the selection of the winning entrant shall be at Radio Essex’s sole discretion.
12. Radio Essex will not be responsible for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Radio Essex will not be responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software or failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any website, or any combination thereof. This includes any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in the competition.
13. Cash alternatives will not be offered to a non-cash prize. In the event of a stated prize being unavailable for any reason, Radio Essex may, where appropriate and in its sole discretion, arrange for the supply of an alternative prize of similar value. All prizes are non transferable and may not be given or assigned to another person, unless an exception has been agreed with Radio Essex.
14. In the event that there is more than one entry qualifying as a prospective winner of a prize which is, by its nature, divisible (for example a cash prize) then such prize shall be shared, subject to the decision of Radio Essex. In the event of there being more than one prospective winner of a prize which is not by its nature divisible, the decision of the Company as to the ultimate winner shall be final.
15. You are obliged to take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety standards and the general appropriateness of activities undertaken during the competition and acknowledge that all activities are undertaken at your own risk. Radio Essex reserves the right to forfeit your place on the competition or the prize (without liability or compensation) if, in its reasonable opinion, you may expose yourself or others to risk of illness or injury or to the cancellation, disruption or curtailment of the competition.
16. All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize-winner
17. All entrants agree to their name and home town being published on the air and elsewhere. Entrants agree to their participation being broadcast, recorded, repeated and otherwise used for any reason by Radio Essex without being entitled to any payment for such use. The winner may be required by the Radio Essex to participate in a photo, audio, video and/or film session and the winner hereby acknowledges that Radio Essex has the right to use such photos, videos, audio pieces or films in any medium and in any reasonable manner for any purpose as they may see fit.
18. Radio Essex will notify the winner either by broadcast, by telephone or in writing of the arrangements for collection or delivery of a prize. Radio Essex shall use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that prizes are received by the actual winner but it accepts no responsibility for any failure to do so. Please allow 28 days for delivery of a prize.
19. The winning entry and the name and county of competition winners may be made available by Radio Essex after a specified date to any person applying for such information to the competition address and enclosing a stamped addressed envelope, having marked such application “Results”.
20. Radio Essex reserves the right to reject entries, applications or claims and to alter, amend or foreclose the competition without prior notice, in its absolute discretion. Radio Essex also reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
21. Complaints about the operation of a competition should be made in writing to the Managing Director. The decision of Radio Essex in relation to a competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into relating to Radio Essex’s decision or interpretation of these terms and conditions
22. If (a) a telephone call to or from a competition entrant fails to connect or is disconnected for any reason before or during the Competition or (b) an entrant does not answer his or her telephone when contacted by a representative of Radio Essex in order to participate in a competition, Radio Essex reserves the right to select another entrant to participate in the competition.
23. From time to time, additional terms and conditions may be placed on individual promotions and competitions. Please check the relevant page on our website for more information.
24. Where the entrant “opts-in” to receiving marketing via a contact form on the website, they will be added to Radio Essex marketing contacts until they personally advise us to remove them. If the opt-in clearly specifies that their details will also be shared with a client or partner, both Radio Essex and the client or partner will add the details to their contact lists, until personally told to remove them.