Destiny's Child

Independent Women

Purfleet family forced out of out their home following kitchen fire

A Purfleet family's been forced out of their home after a cooking oil fire damaged their kitchen. 

The house in Marlow Ave was heavily smoke logged when crews from Grays arrived. 

A spokesman said the fire broke out after the mum was transferring potatoes into hot cooking oil and inadvertently added some excess water to the pan too. 

It caused a fireball which set alight to the extractor fan above

More from Essex

Radio Essex VIP Club

You can get exclusive content from Radio Essex by joining the VIP Club right now.

Weather

  • Mon

    8°C

  • Tue

    6°C

  • Wed

    7°C

  • Thu

    9°C

  • Fri

    11°C

Recently Played