JUST FOR KIDS – WIN BIG WITH PICTURE ESSEX!
How does Essex look through the eyes of our young ones?
Here at Radio Essex, we’re proud of where we live, and we’re confident that we pass that on to our families and friends, including our children. With that in mind, we want to see what kids think of when we say “Essex” – and we’ve got a great prize lined up too*!
All we want is pictures, drawings or paintings of what little ones think is the best thing about Essex…it could be a landmark like Southend Pier or Hadleigh Castle, a pic of the seaside, or even their house if they just love living here!
Please note, the competition is only open to children aged 12 and under, with the expressed permission of their parent or guardian – entries from older children, regrettably, won’t be considered.
We’ll pin a Facebook post to our page on the morning of Monday 24th September; all you have to do is comment with a snap of their picture to enter them! Our judges will then pick their favourite, and the winning artist will get all of this:
- Adventure Island wristbands for the winner and 9 friends
- Children’s meals for 10 at Clarence Yard Fish and Chips
- Radio Essex studio tour for the winner and 9 friends
- The picture professionally printed, framed and put up in the Radio Essex studios
- The picture will also be put up in other local attractions including SEALife Adventure
- Plus, we’ll put the picture on the homepage of our website and the load screen of the Radio Essex App – meaning it’ll be seen by thousands of people every week!
UPDATE: We’re delighted that the winning picture will also now be displayed at the Focal Point Gallery in Southend right over the Half Term! This is to tie in with their Big Draw Event on Wednesday 24th October – more info here.
With the competition open from 24th September to 14th October, this prize would be perfect for a great day out over the Half Term holiday – when Adventure Island is transformed into a Halloween “Fright Fantastic Spooktacular”! Or bring them down on a Saturday before 17th November to enjoy the fantastic Saturday Night Fireworks! Find out more here.
Whenever your child and their friends take the prize, they’ll be able to enjoy a meal at the “Posh Fish and Chips” restaurant, Clarence Yard in Southend – including a main course, sides, ice cream and a drink. See the menu here.
So what are you waiting for? Get the kids some paper and get drawing!
*Terms and conditions apply – see below.
PICTURE ESSEX TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Details of the Competition
- The competition is running between 10:00 a.m. on Monday 24th September 2018 and 23:59 p.m. on Sunday 14th October 2018
- To enter, children aged 12 and under must draw or paint a picture of Essex
- Regrettably, entries from children aged over 12 will not be considered
- A consenting adult must then take a photo of the picture and post it as a comment on the pinned Facebook post at facebook.com/radioessex
- The consenting adult must also follow @radioessex on Facebook
- A panel of Radio Essex judges will chose a winning picture from all eligible entries by 17:00 p.m. on Wednesday 17th October 2018
- The winner will be announced during Radio Essex programming and on social media channels by 17:00 p.m. on Friday 19th October 2018
- The consenting adult will be tagged in a Facebook comment and sent a Direct Message (DM) on Facebook to discuss the prize details
- If the winner can’t be contacted by 17:00 p.m. on Friday 19th October 2018, Radio Essex reserves the right to choose a new winner and begin the process again
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook
- Participants agree that Facebook is in no way liable for the competition – any complaints or queries must be directed to Radio Essex
- The competition is open to children aged 12 and under ONLY
- Entrance to the competition via Facebook must be carried out by a consenting parent or guardian of the child
- Entrants must be permanent residents within the United Kingdom
- Only one competition entry per person – multiple entries are not allowed
- Any entrants attempting to create multiple entries through spamming will be banned from the Radio Essex Facebook page and all future Radio Essex competitions
- Prize is non-transferable/exchangeable
- Please note competitions are not open to employees or the families of Radio Essex staff – or anyone employed within the Stockvale Group, including Adventure Island, SEALife Adventure, Feelgoods, Sands and Clarence Yard
- There is one prize package comprising of:
- 10 child wristbands for Adventure Island in Southend
- 10 children’s meals at Clarence Yard restaurant in Southend
- Publication of the winning picture in the Radio Essex studios and within other Stockvale businesses
- Publication of the winning picture on the Radio Essex app and website
- Tour of the Radio Essex studios
- Adventure Island wristbands vary dependent on the height of guests – this is to ensure safety on rides within the park. Depending on the wristbands provided, the value of this part of the prize will be between £150 and £225
- The value of the Clarence Yard children’s meals is equivalent to £50
- The prize meals at Clarence Yard are for children’s meals only – any other meals or additions will need to be purchased separately
- Please note, any adults or children accompanying the winning party on the day will need to purchase additional wristbands and meals, if required
- For standard terms and conditions for Adventure Island, click here
- The prize must be taken at Adventure Island, Clarence Yard and Radio Essex in Southend – please note travel and accommodation aren’t included
- The parent or guardian of the winning child will be contacted by 17:00 on Friday 19th October 2018
- Radio Essex reserves the right to substitute prize at any time
- Prizes are non-transferable, unless otherwise stated or agreed
- Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash
Consent and Usage
- Competition entrants agree for their details, including photography, to be used in promotion by Radio Essex – including social media, email, web and on air
- Entrants have the right to opt-out of the above – after entering, please contact Radio Essex to specify this. Either by calling 01702 455070 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal data gathered from Radio Essex competitions is deleted from all Radio Essex systems within 30 days of the closing date, unless entrant has opted-in for marketing purposes on the entry form