The State of Essex Survey 2018 – Results
We asked – you answered.
We’ve spent the past month collecting information from our listeners on life in Essex in 2018.
Everything from the state of the roads to the football team you support is covered.
The results have been very eye opening, and include:
- 70% are proud to live in Essex
- Concerns about highways, healthcare and crime came out highest
- Many of you want big improvements to be made to parking and potholes on the roads
- Over 80% are worried about the proposed NHS changes between Southend, Basildon and Broomfield Hospitals
- Southend Pier is overwhelmingly seen as Essex’s iconic attraction
- While almost 50% have no interest in football, just 15% admit to only supporting Southend United or Colchester United; nearly as many also back a non-local team
- 30% say TOWIE is the first thing that springs to mind when you say “Essex” to someone – other answers included Marconi radio, the longest coastline, and Maldon Sea Salt
Check out full results of all of the questions we asked below!