1. Collection of Information
We collect personal information from you through your interaction via our websites, text services or other media. This may occur when you participate in, or sign up to, any of Radio Essex’s services, such as competitions, research panels, or if you use any of our app(s), register an account or apply for a job with us.
The information we collect will vary depending on the service you request but could include name, address, phone number, email address, user name, password, age, gender, date of birth, household composition, comments, competition answers or your job application. We may also ask for additional information depending on the nature of the service provided. Unless stated, the data fields we request must be completed. We will not normally collect any sensitive personal information from you, and in any event, will request your express consent to do so.
We also collect certain information through the use of “cookies” and other similar automated means. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive.
2. Use of Information
We will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
• to provide, administer and communicate with you about our services and promotions (e.g. to enable you to log in to your account and/or enter competitions).
• to contact you about a submission you have made to the online research panel, including any content you may provide.
• to consider your application for a job with us.
• to analyse and improve the services we offer.
• to send you marketing communications about content, products, events and promotions by us, that you might be interested in. If you are a registered user, then these communications may be personalised for you based on your browsing preferences.
• to send you marketing communications about products, events and promotions by third parties, that you might be interested in. We will only do so if at the time of collecting your personal information you have specifically agreed to opt-in to receive such communications from third parties.
We may also use your personal information in other ways but will ensure that we notify you of this.
3. Sharing Information
We may share personal information with service providers who perform functions and services on our behalf. Such third parties will be provided with personal information necessary to perform the services on our behalf but are not authorised to use such information for any other purposes.
Only where you have agreed to receive marketing communications from third parties, will we pass on your personal information for this purpose.
We may disclose your personal information when you enter a competition or when you provide material we wish to publish. We will only do so with your prior consent.
We may carry out research or analysis, which contains your personal information, via our sites. Any "pooled" responses to questions may also be shared with our partner organisations.
We may also disclose personal information about you to comply with applicable laws and when requested to do so by law enforcement agencies or government bodies.
We may use any pictures, voice notes, videos or social media messages across the output of the station and/or our social media channels for others to view.
4. Use of Aggregate Information
5. Data Transfers
6. Your Rights
If you are registered for an account with us you may update your personal information at any time where registration is available on the site. You can access the "My Details Page" from most pages on the website if you are logged-on.
You have certain rights to the personal information we process about you. You have the right to request that we cease sending marketing communications, whether by e-mail or otherwise, to you. You can do this by checking certain boxes when we collect your personal information or by clicking the unsubscribe link in the marketing e-mails you receive from us. You can also do this by contacting us at email@example.com
You may request access to the personal information we hold about you. If you would like to submit a request please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Data Handling
We will only permanently hold your personal details if you opt-in to marketing content via our online entry forms. If you change your mind, you can opt-out and be deleted from our records at any time by emailing email@example.com.
Please note, if you text us, your mobile number is stored for one year by our system, and then automatically deleted. You do of course have the right to request that it is removed before this, which you can do by emailing us. This is also the case for phone numbers collected by our on-air system - numbers here are deleted after 30 days.
9. Contact Us